Nowadays, plastic plant pots have their availability in wide varieties, including different shapes, sizes, and colors. In today’s world, as compared to any other container, plastic plant pots come at a reasonable price.
You can call such features as its advantages. Also, they are easy to move as well as lightweight.
Plastic plant pots not only come at economical prices, but they are available in beautiful designs. Their elegant designs will lit up every corner of your home inside out. They will surely elevate the appearance of your home and garden in the best manner.
Moreover, these plant pots can easily impress your guests with its excellent advantages.
You can quickly drill holes in these plastic pots than to metal, cement, or clay pots. For additional drainage, you can drill extra holes in such containers.
Furthermore, in the list of advantages of having plastic plant pots is its flexible and robust nature. However, they do not have the same durable quality as plants of resin have.
People who love to change their decorative pots every season can have such pots. It is because these pots do not have a long life.
In addition to the advantages of plastic pots, from the kid’s point of view, they are much safer when you compare them to clay pots.
People who forget their plants every now and then, plastic pots are an excellent option for them. It is a much safer option when you compare it to clay pots. Moreover, it retains double the moisture than clay.
Now coming to a wide range of disadvantages, plastic plant pots, first to start with is:
1. You can easily knock over these pots.
2. Moreover, these pots are delicate, and they can easily crack if you put them outwards. It is because, in the presence of heat, these pots expose to cracks. The pots comprise thin walls that lead to making the soil affected by the fluctuations of rapid temperature.
3. Plastic pots consist of non-porous nature. Hence, it does not allow oxygen or moisture to enter or let out.
4. Another disadvantage of having plastic plant pots is its chemical nature. Manufacturers use petrochemicals for making a bulk of industrial plastic. So it is evident in some plastic containers that they are susceptible to toxic chemicals. Hence, these harmful chemicals can enter soil when putting outdoors. Also, they will become dangerous to the soil when these pots come in contact with heat.
5. You must avoid putting plastic plants in heat as they are toxic in this case. It is especially important to remember when you are growing plants that are edible.
6. A few of the toxin chemicals include #7 Polycarbonate, #6 PS, and #3 PVC. Moreover, a few minimum toxic chemicals are #2 HDPE, #2 LDPE, and #5 PP.
7. If you put these pots in sunlight, it can also lead to premature wilting.
8. Further, the color of plastic containers fades in the presence of the sun.
9. Sometimes, the chemicals used in these plastic plant pots can cause birth defects, cancer, and other harm that is reproducible.
10. Another disadvantage of having plastic pots is that they do not last for a long time. Probably, they can survive for a couple of seasons.
The Bottom Line
Whenever you buy these plastic plant pots, always remember to check the warning descriptions.